History of CBMC

 1930 - PRESENT

The Christian Business Men’s Committee (CBMC) began in Chicago in 1930 in the Chicago loop area. Public response to the first gathering on January 6, 1931, was overwhelming, as more than 800 packed into the 800-seat facility.

Another indication that God was blessing this ministry from its inception was that similar groups were soon popping all over the nation. The first CBMC international conference took place in 1938.

The ministry moved its offices from Chicago to Chattanooga, Tennessee, in the 1970’s. Our work spread not only across the United States but also into Canada, Australia, New Zealand, England, Scotland, India, across South Africa and Latin America.

The decade of the 70’s also saw the first release of Operation Timothy. 

In the 1990’s CBMC officially changed its name to Christian Business Men’s Connection, embracing two core beliefs: share the gospel with those who don’t know the Good News and then go and make disciples.  Be intentional about carrying out The Great Commission. (Matthew 28:19-20) 

Today, there are strongholds of CBMC men in 48 of the 50 states and in 98 nations around the globe.

To learn more, visit cbmc.com.